LimeCrime's VENUS: THE GRUNGE PALETTE ✿REVIEW✿

November 20, 2015

✿ ✿ ✿
Hello kittens! 
Despite all the controversy surrounding this brand/palette, I decided to take some time and review The Venus Palette for what's it's worth because I truly love each and every eye shadow Venus brings. This is genuinely one of my go-to  palettes that I haven't stopped using ever since I got it, you can Purchase over at LimeCrime.com.
& Yes, I do use this more than the Chocolatebar by TooFaced. (Which was my favorite palette up until I got this one) Why? because the colors in this palette are simply perfect for me, they are so warm and matte which makes this wearable for day and night time.



This product claims to be Vegan & cruelty-free, despite all the rumors. The ingredientas are: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Isopentyldiol, Silica. May Contain [+/-]: Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Mica CI 77019, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499, Bismuth Oxychloride. 
Oh, and it's also PETA verified.

The colors are very pigmented. They only thing I don't like is the little mess I make with all the fallout from these eye shadows. (As you can notice by staring at the photo!) but I do find these so easy to blend, even with my fingers when I'm in a hurry! I can also wear each shade as a solid color on my lids, that's how pretty I find them.

The packaging is pretty sturdy too! This little box has fallen various times on the floor due to evil cats... and it is still intact! I'm not saying to go throwing this pallet around but it will withstand a fall without shattering into billion bits. Which is always a great plus!


✿ The colors in the top row are:
Venus: The color of bruised fruit (velvet matte)
Shell: Opalescent shell-pink (glow)
Aura: Golden ivory (glow)
Creation: Rust brown (matte)

✿ The colors in the bottom row are:
Icon: Dirt brown (matte)
Rebirth: The color of an over-ripe nectarine (matte)
Divine: Dusty stone (matte)
Muse: Deep burgundy red (matte)

I have no idea how to rate each of them because to be honest, they are all amazing colors in my point of view but If I had to pick only one shade from each row, it would definitely be Creation (from top) and Divine (from bottom).

✿ Swatches ✿




✿  ✿  ✿


I used Limecrime's Velvetine Bleached on the lips, Too Faced's Cocoa Contour, Kat Von D's liquid eyeliner in Trooper and Pur Lisse's BB Tinted moist cream. // This is one of my favorite eye looks with this palette, I overall love how lasting the product is without  having to use eye primer. (I don't know if it's because I haven't gotten a chance to find a brand that suits me, I don't really enjoy using Urban Decay's eye shadow primer. It leaves my eyelids like they where glued in with crazy glue!) So here it is, What do you lovelies think? 


|  VENUS: THE GRUNGE PALETTE - ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ |
______________________________________________________________________________

If you know of any good makeup tutorials using this palette on YouTube of any other blogs, please link and share them with me! There are only a few out there, and I really want to try different looks with this palette. I love you all and thank you endlessly for all the support in these past months! 
 ♡ ♡ ♡
~ RariMoon

28 comments

  1. que paleta mas bella mujer!
    te felicito!
    un beso guapa!!

    http://cynabmakeup.blogspot.cl/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name venus already make me want to buy the product. Product names are just so important. I love your pink hair... It's so cool and you look so cool too.

    I would like to invite you to check out my latest giveaway. Hope to see you there and have a good week ahead.

    Jo
    Jo's Jumbled Jardinière
    Current giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thankyou for the invite I decided to join! ❤ ❤ ❤

      Delete
  3. The palette is really pretty~! The colors are really nice too <33

    http://alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the packaging design and color selection. So dreamy! D: Even tho I passed on this one it will live forever in my heart XD
    This girly uses this palette quite often https://youtu.be/0SaqV4ASn1I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so perfect ! ❤ I've often tried but failed recreating her look...
      ( Y sus winged line skillsssss!) ;A;
      To be honest, I think you'd rock this palette considering you often make really dark whimsically fairy-like looks.
      Oh & btw, do you mind if I add your blog to my Friends/Inspirations list? *^*

      Delete
    2. Not at all! Que linda, gracias! ♥♥♥

      Delete
  5. This colors look great and I like the packaging!
    You're makeup is so pretty >w< <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooow I am SO in love with your look! I really just wish that I had the guts to pull off your hair colors -- it's so unique!
    I can't pull off pink colors, unfortunately. They just look so weird on me. But the palette it still pretty!

    Just came across your blog and I'm so glad that I did. I'm officially subscribed! Can't wait to see more posts from you soon :)

    -Alex
    A Northern Light

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤ ❤ ❤ Thank you so much Alexandra! Your comment made me smile ~
      Maybe you could try other colors, maybe blues?
      Your blog is so lovely as well,
      I love how positive your posts are. Looking forward!

      Delete
  7. Their palettes are like works of art! The colors look gorgeous on you.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a beauty and your makeup is flawless! Stunning colors <3
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
  9. The packaging is so gorgeous! The shades seem so vibrant and unusual, definitely a very interesting palette and I love the look you created. :) <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kay, I need to create more looks with this and post them up! I feel like this look doesn't make justice to all the possibilitiesQ ❤

      Delete
  10. You rocked it. It looks great on you!

    http://ahleessa4realz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colours look so lovely and highly pigmented, they look so lovely on you! :D xx

    elizabeth | ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh god! Amazing hair! Wonderful shades of palette as well ♥

    ♡ daily makeup routine ♡

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh sweetie I love it your blog and your reviews~ Seriously this is a beautiful palette~ My favorite colros was Divine! Beautiful shades!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete

★ Instagrams ★

© ドリップドリップ !♡. Design by FCD.