IPSY: Sugar Highness AUGUST 2016 ✿REVIEW✿

September 2, 2016

✿ ✿ ✿

Hello kittens!As per usual, this month's bag arrived hella late. I'm talking, it got here on August 30. Which is clearly not enough time to review it before the month ends. Still, this is by far the prettiest bag I've received so far. This month's bag consisted of two lovely designs by ipsy founder Michelle Phan.

The bag contained: (Aprox. value)
★Dermelect 'ME' Peptide Infused Lacquer in UNSCRIPTED - $14
★Trust Fund Beauty:Liquid Lipstick in K, Bye - $22
★This Works: in transit camera close-up - $13
★Organic Surge: Perfecting Face Polish - $15
★IT Cosmetics: No-Tug Waterproof Mini Gel Eyeliner  - $11

Total Glam bag Value: $75! (Woah, whaaat!?)  ♡ ♡ ♡



The lipstick in K, BYE was ok. A warm liquid nude. It takes a bit to dry and quite honestly, it isn't very lasting. However, if you just pretend this is a regular lipstick, in liquid form? lol. I think you'll be okay with this product. What I'm a bit impressed is the price. To each their own but I personally think it's a bit too pricey for what it is. It claims to have "Cocoa Butter and Coconut Oil smooth and condition" so I'm currently using it as a 'tinted' thick lipstick balm.

The eyeliner was the funniest thing. I hated it and it wouldn't wash off even when I tried to remove it with baby wipes. So it is waterproof, that's the good thing! True to it's claim. It's just that the No-Tug Waterproof Mini Gel Eyeliner has a weird consistency that I'm not used to and it's too thick for a winged liner look. (Unless you're using tape) Perhaps I should give it another try, maybe to the beach? Not quite sure with this one either.

Nail polish. Can you ever go wrong with nail polish? I think not. Well, at least for me. and it's pink! So, I'm definitely not complaining. Also, it doesn't chip! Well, not like your regular polishes because if you know me, I'm always using my hands & nail polish doesn't really ever last on me (Unless I get them done with shellac at a nail salon, that shit lasts forever!). Regardless of the effort & care I give them and I do give my nails looooots of care!


I'm impressed with this one because let me tell you, it doesn't feel oily like other moisturizers/primers I've tried. It claims to "Evens, plumps and brightens skin instantly" but I'm not too sure with this one. I've only used it for 3 days now so I'll probably give an update If any of you are interested after a week or so...


I'm a sucker for natural exfoliators and this contains little olive bumps! It feels hydrating too, probably because of the almond oil. I think this was the item I like the most out of the whole bag, I'm a bit sad I can never get 'full sized' ones on the things I'll actually use often.

Overall, I have mixed feelings. I essentially expected these glam bags to contain 'makeup' products but lately I've been getting so many creams, masks and such, which I think are pretty neat! but the actual makeup products I do end up receiving kinda' suck in comparison. However, the bag did really make up for everything. To be honest, I just wanted the bag.
Ipsy, please make more pretty bags like these!  

♡ ♡ ♡

If you want to try these monthly Glam Bags and see if you have better luck than me, you can subscribe on Ipsy Here! ♡  When someone or a friend subscribes to the Glam Bag with your referral link you earn 250points which you can exchange for really nice rewards on their page!

Have a wonderful weekend! Love you all ~
~ RariMoon


Post a Comment

★ Instagrams ★

© ドリップドリップ !♡. Design by FCD.