Miracle Romance Eyeliner: Sailor Mars & Sailor Mercury ✿ REVIEW ✿

September 5, 2015



Hello there kittens, today I will review these two adorable eyeliners: 
Sailor Mercury Blue & Sailor Mars Red!


Because I'm a huge Sailor Moon fan I quickly obsessed over the new makeup line. Originally to promote their 30th Anniversary. Woah, time flies, right? To think I grew up with this anime! I simply had to have them. Thankfully I purchased them about a year, or two, ago before the prices steeped up. Now, the prince ranges around $30 + + +  PLEASE don't be fooled by cheap imitations on ebay, make sure the seller is from JAPAN. Bootlegs can go around $10 - $20. So keep this in mind. Fake ones aren't even as close in color and lasting as the real ones. You can easily spot them by their significant lower price. So be careful. 



They are very pigmented as you can see from the photo above BUT I was very disappointed with Sailor Mars. I was expecting a bright, vivid red but instead the color was a a warm copper. Actually, I came across many disappointing things...


First, you have to twist the eyeliner for the product/color to come out. Which isn't half as bad if the tip of the brush were harder but it isn't. It's very soft and squishy. Thus causing a huge mess when applying. I had to resort to applying the product on the back of my hand and with a different eyeliner brush apply it to my eye. Unless you are using the Tape Technique, then this wouldn't really matter. 
Second, the Glitter. Yes, it makes the color more vibrant and the eyeliner stand out but sadly, because of this, you have to reapply it so many times for the line to look even. Which is something very tedious because it dries quickly. You literally have to dump a blob of product in the eye and play around with it for it to be even. Sadly, I didn't take photos of this to explain it better but If you have ever worn any glittery eyeliners you know what I'm talking about. 
Third, the mess. After using them & obviously causing a mess you have to clean them right away. If you pop the cap and leave the eyeliner as is, the product will clogged up the brush. Which really sucks because it happened to me the very first time I used them.





Aside from those minor details, they do complement any colorful eye-look. Even if you wear them alone. My favorite from the two was Sailor Mercury, which is a bit sad because Sailor Mars is my favorite sailor scout. Huge disappointment with that one. The Blue one was easier to work with and true to my color expectations. I don't think I'll repurchase them but they do look cute in my makeup collection! Sadly, the newer versions come with an an extra attachable part that looks like Sailor Moon's wand. Which really makes me want to repurchase one but no, it's not worth the price.  : < 



Ohdearmilk's Review: 
[Sailor Mars: ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ]
[Sailor Mercury: ❤ ❤ ❤ ♡ ♡ ]

Post a Comment

★ Instagrams ★

© ドリップドリップ !♡. Design by FCD.