Too Faced: Chocolate Bon Bons Palette ✿REVIEW✿

January 10, 2016

      

Hello kittens,
I hope you're all having a wonderful day!  
If you haven't already notice, I finally made a little watermark for the blog. Took me long enough, right? I found out recently someone had appropriated one of my blogs's photo, edited and claimed them as their own. You can read a little more about the incident here: Art Theft. Thankful I quickly filed a claim with tumblr and they quickly  removed it. With that said, I hope you all don't mind & understand why I decided watermark all my photos from now own.











This Palette is the Chocolate Bon Bons Palette from Too Faced Cosmetics. It is the third chocolate inspired eyeshadow palette to join the Too Faced of chocolate products. Infused  with antioxidant-rich cocoa powder: "Research has shown that the scent of cocoa is a natural mood-booster" As stated on their description section in their website for this palette. Which gives it a delicious scent, which I haven't perceived with other brands/palettes.
What drew me to this product first and foremost was the gorgeous packaging. Seriously, it screams cuteness all over! Almost two years ago, I had purchased the Chocolatebar and fell in love with it. This pigmentation was almost one swipe ready and every color blended with each other perfectly.
So naturally, I was simply hoping this'd be just as good! ♡

Sadly, my palette didn't come with the Glamour Guide. I don't know if it was a manufacturing mistake? but It was such a first since almost all the products I own from Two Faced always include one. Still, you can find it on their website, or click here: Glamour Guide.
It doesn't bother me too much.







From top left to right the colors are: Almond Truffle ( matte mauve toned taupe ), Satin Sheets ( pale pink with strong gold iridescence ), Sprinkles ( pink with gold iridescence ), Molasses Chip ( metallic bronze ),  Malted ( satin matte deep brown with sparse shimmer ), Cashew Chew ( satin pink toned beige ), Cotton Candy ( cool bright medium pink shimmer ), Café au Lait  ( taupe grey shimmer ), Bordeaux  ( red toned deep matte brown ), Mocha ( warm matte brown ) Black Current ( deep purple shimmer ), Dark Truffle ( dark cool brown shimmer ) Pecan Praline – matte pale grey taupe ), Totally Fetch ( hot pink shimmer ), Earl Grey ( deep teal toned grey shimmer ), Divinity ( matte ivory ).

These colors need an eyeshadow primer. That was the very first thing I noticed. Which made me a little dissapointed since, honestly, I don't like eyeshadow primer. It makes my eyelids feel funny. I do know it makes such a difference but for my defense, almost every palette I own are so rich in pigmentation that I've never had the need to use eye primer, or I just smear my foundation all over, including eyes and that works? With that said, yes, It has the one swipe action it claims but not, I won't look as pigmented on your eyes vs. the swatches on your arms.

Below on my eye-looks you can see what I'm trying to explain. The swatches look really nice and pigmented on the previous swatches but on the eyelids they look much duller. Like I mentioned, I didn't wear eyeshadow pimer. I'm going to try it next time, to see if their is a huge difference which I really hope because I really love the pink shadows in this bar but again, I'm a bit upset because this wasn't the case with the original Chocolatebar. I was really expecting the same quality.



These two looks were made using exclusively the Chocolate Bon Bons palette and even though I love how they turned out, the fact that the colors look so 'natural' makes me feel a little dispirited. I mean, if you're a Hime* girl you're going to adore this palette. I guess, I've been using bold colors for the longest that I immediately notice the slightest lack of pigmentation. Still, I do recommend it, just not for my personal everyday use. 

[ Ohdearmilk Rating : ❤ ❤ ❤  ♡ ]


*Hime () is the Japanese word for "princess", or more literally "demoiselle", i.e. a (usually young) lady of higher birth. Daughters of a monarch are actually referred to by other terms, e.g. Ōjo (王女), literally king's daughter, even though Hime can be used to address Ōjo.
________________________________________________________________________________


Did any of you gave in and got this palette? I'd love to see the looks you've created!
I've been endlessly browsing for makeup tutorials for this palette on YouTube. So addictive.
I hope you all have a great week lovelies, meow! ♡ ♡ 
~RariMoon




28 comments

  1. I'm just now getting into make up... Got a bunch of Bite lip colors and a Kat Von D lipstick too. This one I must add to my wishlist! The colors look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, now that you mention it!
      You know which palette you are going to loooooove!? & I think it will suit you so much; http://www.sugarpillshop.com/products/edward-scissorhands-palette <333

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I've been good! Trying to keep myself better organized! & you?
      Thank you! <3

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful palette of shades * o *
    On the outside is very ~ ~ Kawaii
    And the colors are very beautiful, but as I said, there are very pigmented the way is to use a shadow fixer

    My Blog The World by Koizumi Visit *o*

    New Post! Review:Clown Preto e Clown Branco da Catharine Hill Check! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Yes ~ I tried it and it does work, I just need to get used to wearing primer. >.< Hehe.

      Delete
  4. que bella paleta, luces hermosa!

    un beso bella!

    http://cynabmakeup.blogspot.cl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias lindaaa, espero que estes super bien~ <3

      Delete
  5. You have got a cute blog ^_^ and I've been
    watermarking my pictures since day 1 :P
    The palette has pretty tones! Xx
    http://icepandora.blogspot.nl/2016/01/project-chocolate-cake.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I had to learn the hard way. ;-;
      And thank you so much! <3

      Delete
  6. OMO OMO OMO I NEED THIS PALET!!! >w<
    Soooooooooooooooo cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the shades look amazing ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whaaat, someone stole your photos and claimed them as their own?! That's awful! People really have no shame. :( And thank you for sharing another perfect review, I love the cute packaging of this palette! <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tumblr deleted the original post, but the other people who rebloged it still have the fake one... ohwell, at least now I've learned! thank you. ♥ : )

      Delete
  9. I´m super happy because now I can comment here on your blog. I was worried because since New year Eve I´ve been having trouble for comment in many blogs. I thought I had a problem but now I see that possibly the configuration of these blogs. Now, the review the Palette is beautiful the packaging is great. The colors are cute and I understand your thinking on this palette because I have a palette of Too Faced and is the same.It looks super pigmented in the packaging but not the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love your blog. ♡♡♡
      Basically, I had my comments set to google + and not everyone. But it is fixed now! : D

      Delete
  10. your eyeliner wing is SO PERFECT. The eyeshadoews are super cute, too faced makes the best packaging for their eye products!

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
  11. i need to get this palette really soon :< looks like a total musthave for me! and it's just tooo cute x

    darcia.pl

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blog has very nice information and amazing facts to read. Thanks for sharing this post! You can also check our blog
    https://lakeviewgarden.in/blog/beauty-guest-post/

    ReplyDelete

★ Instagrams ★

© ドリップドリップ !♡. Design by FCD.