LIMECRIME: VENUSII PALETTE & VELVETINES COLLECTION ✿REVIEW✿

December 29, 2015

      

Hello Kittens!  ヽ(^◇^*)/
I did it again. Totally went bananas on Black Friday & got so many fabulous things from LimeCrime.
I've previously reviewed the VENUS: The Grudge Palette & showed you all my Velvetines Collection. (Which I am ever so proud of!) Now, I have more goodies to add to my ever so growing collection and I'm going to share them with you!  

Some of you may be wondering, Why do I love LimeCrime's Velvetines so much? & to be honest the answer is very simple! LimeCrime was the first ever brand to launch matte liquid lipsticks that stay on forever. That was the very first thing that completely caught my attention. Yes, other brands have launched other lipsticks like these afterwards but quite honestly, they don't amount to the quality or even lasting power of these. Not even, dare I say, Kat Von D's everlasting liquid lipsticks. (...and you guys know how much I adore her makeup line!)

So, with that said, when LimeCrime announced they were going to launch these limited edition collection I seriously had to have them before they went out of stock. The colors are bright and dark, which I love. I even went a little out of my comfort zone of  warm oranges with deciding to try the really nice cool blue. Best decision over.

Now,  The Limited Edition Velvetines Trio with Special holiday packaging brings: BUFFY: Buff nude, PEACOCK: Stunning blue-green & BEET IT: Deep wine.





These lipsticks are Cruelty Free and Vegan. In case you're wondering, these are the ingredients:

Buffy Velvetine - Isododecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Kaolin, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance. May Contain (+/-): Mica CI 77019, Iron Oxides CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Blue 1 Lake CI 42090, Red 7 Lake CI 15850, Red 22 Lake CI 45380, Red 28 Lake CI 45410, Red 30 Lake CI 73360, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Manganese Violet CI 77742.

Beet It & Peacock Velvetine - Isododecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Kaolin, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Extract, Tocopherol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance. May Contain (+/-): Mica CI 77019, Iron Oxides CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Blue 1 Lake CI 42090, Red 7 Lake CI 15850, Red 22 Lake CI 45380, Red 28 Lake CI 45410, Red 30 Lake CI 73360, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Manganese Violet CI 77742.




I am completely amazed by the pigmentation of these! It's dangerous even. They stain, yes. So be very careful when applying. This is both a good and bad thing. It's good because you know that you are purchasing and getting the true color advertised but it really sucks that any little mistake shows. Make sure you use concealer around your lips after you are done. I didn't and you can see how blotchy Beet it and Peacock but i seriously don't mind because the colors are like nothing I've seen before.

A little thing I noticed with Peacock was that it wasn't as lasting as the other velvetines which made me so sad! I'm not sure if the pigmentation had anything to do with it or my lips,  but I ate a wrap and the insides of the lips, where the saliva comes in most contact faded. Which is normal considering it's the moist part of the lip but I was so used of this no happening with the other velvetines. v(ಥ ̯ ಥ)v
So do bring it in your purse so you can re-apply it whenever. Though if you have thin lips I don't think this'd be a problem.

Some people were comparing Buffy with Kat Von D's Lolita and to be honest, I don't think so but I definitely prefer this shade. I only have first Lolita launched not Lolita II and this one doesn't have the reddish pigmentation that Lolita has. (Just in case some of you were wondering!)

 ✿  ✿  ✿ 







VENUSS II is said to be the darker sister of VENUS. At first I wasn't exited when LimeCrime announced this palette  since I thought I'd simply be the counter of VENUS and you knoooow I don' like blues so much but the shade reveal kept playing with my feelings all right! With it's mixture of oranges and blue. I wasn't going to give in but in the end, Mustard really won my hear and boy I am so glad I did! It's not even funny. This palette has really unique colors I haven't seen on any other brands. I've been using it ever since I got it, so if you follow me on Instagram you definitely know that all my makeup looks as of lately have been with the Venus II.  Also, it is one swipe ready even without primer (which I am not using on the photo below!) and the formula blends really well. 

Pigeon (pearl): Brown/green shift, Filter (glow matte): Luminous cornflower blue, Marsh (glow matte): Mossy grey-green, Mustard (creamy matte): The color of corduroy, Fly (pearl): Ivory/green green shift, like the wing of a fly, Jam (creamy matte): Pumpkin spice creamy matte, Mud (creamy matte): Rich burgundy-brown, the color of spoiled fruit, Boot (sparkle matte): Nebula black with multi-color sparkle

Pigeon, Fly, Marsh & Boot surprised me. They look so amazing in real life. 
 Specially Fly. I am in love. I can't wait to try different looks with this color and other palettes.



So there you have it! ♡  I hope you guys enjoyed this review. Let me know if you guys already own these or if you're planing on getting them. We could even share tutorials and such!
________________________________________________________________________________



I hope you all have a safe New Years, see you on 2016!
Also, would you lovelies be interested in seeing makeup tutorials? Maybe even consider starting a YouTube channel?  I'll be a little work but I really want to start doing new things for this blog and such. So please let me know what you guys want to see more of!
I love all the support and feedback you guys give me, so please let me know! I love you all ~ 
~ RariMoon


21 comments

  1. You suit those lip colours so well and I love the eyeshadow look you created!
    I've yet to try anything from LimeCrime as I'm just beginning to venture into eyeshadows and using colours on my eyes but these eyeshadow colours are gorgeous! I love the mud colour the most!

    Jasmine ♡ http://kkochsongi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this brand, the second color is beautiful
    happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. This "Buffy" lipstick is soooo beautiful :)

    witchhearted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is super pretty~! I love the first lip stick the most <33

    http://alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Augh everything looks so pretty! My friend and you both got the same items and I'm so jelly!
    Jessie @ bijou-heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the packaging!!
    The blue lipstick look so cool *ç*
    And I love your makeup in the last picture ^w^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with the Buffy shade! It looks like such a beautiful, casual nude. :) Thanks for sharing these lovely swatches! x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments are always oh so sweet Kay! Thank you. ♡

      Delete
  8. I love the color of plates. And Packaging is amazing ^^

    Would you like to support each other by follow on GFC & G+?
    Please Let me know if you follow me. I’m also follow back <<

    Love xx
    Official Seol ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such amazing products! The lipstick colors are amazing and the packaging is super cute! :3

    http://free-colors.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not so secretly anymore keeping all the boxes, hehe ~

      Delete
  10. omg! me han encantado los colores! quiero unos labiales asi ; o ;! excelente review~
    Soy tu nueva seguidora ~ espero puedas pasar por mi blog y seguirme tambien :3 besitos
    http://stargazershia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Venus II is also on my wishlist :) Definitely need to have a look at the Velvetines as well.
    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete

★ Instagrams ★

© ドリップドリップ !♡. Design by FCD.