LIMECRIME: SUPERFOILS ✿REVIEW✿

July 17, 2016

 ✿ ✿ ✿
Hello lovelies! ╭(♡・ㅂ・)و ̑̑
LimeCrime announced their Superfoil shadows a while ago and it was love at first sight! Basically, they're foil-like shadows that are water activated. However if you're a bit messy like me and aren't into sprinkling them with water you can use them as the come because they're so pigmented! Though quite honestly, they do look amazing 'foiled'.

After having a really tough time deciding which ones I should purchase, I decided to get three from the six foiled eye shadows. (GILDED CARRIAGE/GLASS SLIPPER, COSMIC/FIREFLY, LAWN/FLAMINGO). So basically, I received these a lil' while ago and I'm still amazed at how good they are. No regrets. They definitely exceeded m expectation! 

"Lime Crime products are PETA verified vegan and Leaping Bunny certified cruelty free. Our products do not contain any animal-derived ingredients. As part of the Leaping Bunny pledge, our suppliers also certify that no animal testing is ever performed at any point in our supply chain." –LimeCrime.com





There where a few thing I noticed right off the bat, Firefly had a lot of fallout. I don't know if maybe the package was dropped? But compared to the other two where you could see the product tightly pressed down, this one wasn't. Thankfully it was just a little bit, nothing serious. I saw worse photos on Instagram from costumers with broken to bits foil shadows. What I can collect from all of this is that perhaps these eye shadows are fragile, so don't risk it and drop them!

Another thing, these eyeshadows produced so much fallout so try to do your face (foudation, etc.) for last unless you're using them 'foiled'. When they're wet, the shadows 'mix' in together creating that smooth effect thus obviously not leaving fallout. Which is good to keep in mind! After all, these shadows are being marketed as water activated 'foil eyeshadows' which makes the fallout seem a bit silly when you  really think about it.

Use your finger! You can use a blending brush afterwards to blend, obviously! but I had a really hard time applying them with a brush. I used both synthetic and organic brushes and neither would pick up enough product. They stain a little so keep a wipe close by so you can clean your finger after applying.



The first row you can see the water activated Superfoils Eyeshadows and the second row you can see the shadows without any water. I feel that when you don't use any water they are more pigmented, which I love, but when you activate them with water all the bits of color mix in together giving another smooth effect, obviously! (You can see what I'm trying to explain better when you take a closer look at Glass Slipper. The first row you can see a really light gorgeous sky blue and on the bottom row you can tell the color look more cyan.) So, which do I prefer, foil or not foiled? I honestly don't know. I love both methods! However I do feel the shadows are much easier to blend when the aren't water activated. My suggestion, experiment with both methods until you find the easiest for you!

♡ ♡ ♡


(I used Squash and Red Velvet on the lips. The Venus palette and the Superfoils Cosmic & Guilded Carrige for the eyes, lips and highlight!)

Overall, I completely love them (I really do feel like I picked the best colors for me!) and I definitely recommend them to anyone. You don't really need any special skills to use them since they even look gorgeous as a single color applied to the lid.I have other LimeCrime reviews that you can check out if you're curious of their other products! LIMECRIME: True Love set & Teddy Bear VelvetineMy Velvetines Collection,  Venus II Palette & Velvetines Holiday Trio, Venus, The Grunge Palette.

I really hope this was helpful, If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please leave them down bellow! Thanks for all the love and support!
~ RariMoon

4 comments

  1. The packaging is so cute and those colors. I need to try this product! Amazing make up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those colors look so pretty *^* Especially, they are perfect for party! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOh nice I was pretty skeptical at first since I dint not know if it was worth it but now I shall buy at least one of them <3333

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty rainbow shades, so colorful and the packaging is just cute. ◕ ◡ ◕

    http://ryunosekaidiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

★ Instagrams ★

© ドリップドリップ !♡. Design by FCD.