Fenty Beauty by Rihana | Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Foundation & Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Primer ✿REVIEW✿

December 29, 2017

✿ ✿ ✿


Hello, kittens!
Today's an exciting day since I'll be reviewing the long overdue Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Foundation and Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Primer! There have been endless reviews circling around the internet, from highly positive ones to really negative reviews. So I must admit, I hesitated at first before even purchasing these products, not to mention they're so pricey! The Foundation itself retails for $34 USD & the primer retails for $32 USD. That's basically $66 for just prepping your face!

Anyways! Before ever committing, I went off to Sephora around the time it launched and asked for a sample. The employee matched me with 240 which was in the color warm. She swatched it on my face which already had foundation, weird. At first, I didn't think too much about it since I'm usually warm beige, medium, tan, etc. in other foundations. However, this foundation oxidizes and  I had a huge hunch that it was a bit too yellow on my skin. Which led me to officially purchase these two products in October, In 220 (Warm Peach) instead which I've been using ever since.

So, before I dive in with this review, note that If you want to purchase this foundation please ask for a sample before anything! (I raised the saturation on the photos below so you take notice.)


★ Using a primer, in general, is really important before applying anything in your face since this is what's going to 'clog' up your pores and make your skin look even. Also, it helps your foundation stick better and last longer. I decided to get the Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Primer since this primer was made specifically for this foundation and I was also running out of the one I would normally use. I love the consistency of this primer. So much! The main reason I wouldn't use primers as first when I started using makeup, was because all the ones I've tried/own feel just like thick silicone. This primer feels so soft and just like skincare. It dries quickly and transparent, but to be honest, wait before applying your foundation! I wait around two minutes usually. Or just hear an entire song before moving onwards with foundation.

Is it worth it? Yes. Take note that the primer I was using before this one was the Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pure, which is for sensitive skin retailing for $30 USD. Honestly, I always found weird that a primer catered for sensitive skin would feel so heavy and siliconish. Both of these primers don't compare at all. Not to mention that the Fenty one will last you more in my opinion since you can always get the same amount of product since it's a pump versus just squeezing out the amount you think you need.

★ This foundation's the 220 Warm Peach. I raised the saturation of this foundation so you can see how pigmented this product is. This Foundation turns 1-2 shades darker, hence why I keep stating that you should ask for a sample.

At first, I had a love/hate relationship with this foundation. I tried the Fenty foundation in Puerto Rico (where I live) first, where it's warm and humid. However, I actually purchased this foundation in New York and kept trying it in Orlando, Both places had fairly cold weather at the time which made my skin a bit dry. Not crazy dry but since my face is very oily I could clearly see the difference. 

Now, during this time the foundation would break, regardless of the amount of primer I would use. Actually, I started it using it without the primer and I did look slightly better? Since this foundation dries up quickly, it was such a hassle to blend. Basically, I looked horrible, cakey and just plain bad. The foundation would break around my nose and I was just confused. The only way I could make it look decent on my face was using it as a cushion foundation. (I added the foundation inside a cushion foundation I previously owned.)
When I got back to my homeland, I keep trying the foundation and wow. I could see such a huge difference! Can you believe this?  It would stay on forever and would look so nice on my skin! It felt just like the very first time I tried it. 

So basically, don't even try this foundation if you have dry/textured skin or if you don't have a thorough skincare routine. Also, make sure you have a proper foundation brush since cheap foundation brushes just won't do the trick with this foundation. 

A huge plus is that you can go to the gym wearing this foundation and it won't budge one bit! In case you're into looking decent when working out or if you simply go straight to the gym after class/work and just don't have time to take your makeup off. Don't worry, it won't melt. It's sweat proof! 

I love this foundation now, however, I acknowledge why some people hate it. 

✿ ✿ ✿

I hope this review was helpful. If you have oily skin I honestly feel that this foundation will be perfect for you. Do you already it own it, do you feel the same way? As always, thanks for the love and support! 

~Natidí

Post a Comment

★ Instagrams ★

© ドリップドリップ !♡. Design by FCD.