Ipsy: 'Alter Ego' October GlamBag ✿REVIEW✿

November 6, 2015

✿ ✿ ✿

A friend of mine recently introduced me to Ipsy, a monthly beauty & makeup subscription box.
For just $10 (Free Shipping) a month you get 4 – 5 sample products plus a full size or deluxe-sized product, not to mention the cute make-up bag that comes with all of the products!
How could I resist?

Sadly, I must confess I was a bit disappointed with how long the shipping process took.
I ordered my glam bag by the end of September even though the payment was fully processed on 10/5/2015 but here's the sad part: It wasn't until 10/28/2015 that it was finally delivered to my address. So, technically by the time I went to pick up my package at the post office (three days after) it was already November! I think 23 days is long enough for a small package to arrive, specially since the package is simply coming from the US (Not from China!). It's a silly little detail that can be overlooked but I was seriously feeling ever so eager since everyone was already posting their products and such. Patience is a virtue... Anyways!



These where the products that I got in the bag:
AURORA Gel Effect Nail Polish in Inky Dinky  (4 oz)$12.00~ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipstick in Committed  (1.2 ml)  $3~ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Dr. Brandt Skincare microdermabrasion  (0.26oz)  $10.14 ~ ❤ ❤ ❤ ♡ ♡
pur~lisse BB Tinted Moist Cream SPF30 Travel Size (0.34oz) $10.00~ ❤ ❤ ♡ ♡ ♡
BWC Premium Botanical Fragrance Free Lotion (2oz)  $1.50 ~ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

October's GlamBag Value: $36.64
Not bad for just $10! I did however expect the products to be a little bit bigger. I mean, I knew they'd be samples but I never imagined them to be so tiny!

Here's another thing. I don't understand why I received the BB Cream and the Body Lotion out of all the possible options available. I didn't even select the foundation option, much less, creams! (Look at my selections on the image bellow) I didn't mind so much since It was my first bag and I sort of enjoyed them a bit, but I was seriously expecting more makeup samples, not lotions! If I really wanted body products like lotions and such I'd be subscribed to Birchbox instead, wouldn't you agree? Just little details to take into consideration. Still, 3 out of 5 is still nice.

✿ ✿ ✿


My least favorite, the Fragrance Free Lotion. It turned out to be really nice, actually! It It doesn't have that awkward fragrance free hand lotion smell. Dries fast and doesn't leave your skin feeling sticky afterwards. Maybe I'll give it a try... but again, I'm honestly not fond of hand creams or lotions in general.



This BBCream has really nice coverage. I was honestly impressed. It also matched my skin color, which made things even better! I'm going to try it out for a week before deciding if it's purchase worthy, but again, I'm not too thrilled about owning yet another BBCream so I really hope this one ends up being worth it!







Woah! I checked the retail price of the microdermabrasion and it's $80+ ! I've only used it twice and It felt so nice on my skin but I'm slightly worried of liking this one a bit too much, for it will kill my wallet! It's definitely my favorite sample from the glam bag. A tiny bit of product did go a long way with this one, so it  might last me a while. Also, I did see instant result on the pores of my nose! I really do hope I don't fall too in love with this.


The excitement was real with this one! ♡ This was the full sized item.
I had tried this brand a long time ago thanks to a friend of mine who gave me her Pink Aurara polish, and I was forever grateful because until this day I honestly think this is the best nail polish my nails have ever tried!
I'm a horrible mess with my hands. My nails only last about one hour in perfect state before chipping of one corner, somehow, I don't know how. It always happens!  I paint, draw, and ink. I design and print. Pet cats. etc. and this is the only nail polish that lasts on my nails. I swear. It's been a week, and look at the photo! Okay, they look a bit crazy in the photo since I recently chopped them because I broke two nails, but trust me, they look hella' good here compared to what they would look If I had used another brand. Also, many people were complaining about this shade but I love it! It looks black but it's really a deep purple. Hopefully I'll get my hands on more.




Finally, the Liquid Lipstick in Committed! It reminds me so much of LimeCrime's Bleached for some reason but this one's a bit warmer and thicker. It doesn't dry out as fast as the other brands I've tried but the collection has really nice shades. One thing that really threw me off was the fact that the sample was so small. The Balm was October's featured brand so I was honestly expecting this one to be the full sized product, or at least be a bigger sample! Oh well. Liquid lipsticks are my weakness so I really like this one, regardless!
✿ ✿ ✿

If you want to try out this monthly Glam Bag you can subscribe Here!
Also, when a friend subscribes to the Glam Bag with your referral link you earn 250points that you can Exchange for really nice rewards on the page. Which is also a really nice thing to look forward too.
________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you all liked this little review. Even though I wish I could had posted it in October. I will now be posting my reviews on Friday's and Switching the usual Sunday post to Monday,  it'll be more convenient for me and you guys will now get two posts a week!
What do you guys think about  this?

Leave your thoughts & suggestions on the comment box down bellow.
I love you all so much, thank you for your support,
good vibes always! ♡ 
~ RariMoon 

12 comments

  1. I received the same nail polish in my Ipsy bag last month, and I'm in love. I'm currently adding it to my favorites post right now. It dries so quickly, it's amazing. Even though the color is dark, it's perfect for the colder seasons.

    http://stressedbutkawaii.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't mind the dark color, I tend to always wear dark colors regardless of the season! What I love the most about this brand is that it takes so long for them to chip off ~

      Delete
  2. beautiful lipstick! my dreams is have a lipstick The Balm

    http://chicasprimero.blogspot.cl/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! Shame on them for taking so long to deliver, 23 days is a BIT much, isn't it?! I do like the look of those products, especially the liquid lipstick! TheBalm does some amazing lippies, and this colour looks super stunning on you. :) x I wish UK subscription boxes were this good, we're lucky to get at least one full sized product, and even when we do it's usually something pretty underwhelming! x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you live on the UK!? That is sooo awesome, I didn't realize!
      I think Ipsy ships internationally but I'm not super sure and, yeah... It did suck so much.
      I think I received my ebay orders from Japan sooner than this! Hahaha.
      What UK subscriptions have you tried?
      I'd love to learn more! <3

      Delete
  4. Would love to try these products! Thank you for sharing! =)

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  5. It did take a long time to receive! I've never tried Ipsy. Glad you liked most of the products.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent them an email telling them how upset I was but they haven't replied... I hope November's bag doesn't take forever. D;

      Delete
  6. I love the lipstick! the color is adorable and it looks wonderful on you!

    Dream in Colors

    ReplyDelete

★ Instagrams ★

© ドリップドリップ !♡. Design by FCD.