SUGARPILL: PUMPKIN SPICE LIP & EYE DUO ✿REVIEW✿

February 6, 2017

✿ ✿ ✿

Hello, kittens! 
Here's the long overdue review of the Sugarpill's Pumpkin Spice lip and eye duo! These are both sparkling metallic colors with hints of spice in their scents. This set was released for the Holidays in 2016. I've been obsessed with these since the very moment I got them! The packaging is also very well thought out and gorgeous, like wow! Sugarpill Cosmetics, which is a "cruelty-free line of vibrant, richly pigmented cosmetics based in Los Angeles, CA" have been definitely on top of the liquid lipstick game lately and the shadow's a dream. 




✧ Let's start with the liquid lipstick.  The very first lip color I ever got from them was Trinket .  (Click to see the previous review since I'm going to be using it for comparison, a lot!)Trinket was a solid 10 out of 10 in my book. The color was gorgeous and lasting. The only complaint I had was with the applicator, it was a bit too puffy for my taste but that was about it. This time around they changed applicators! I haven't found any information or confirmation regarding this but as you can see from the photo below and compare it to my review on Trinket you can see what I'm talking about... 
Anyways, this formula is so lasting. You can accidentally leave this lipstick at home and not have to worry about it turning into a nightmare. However, if you're going to have a long night ahead of eating & drinking I suggest you take it with you since it doesn't feather as gracefully as Trinket but then again, this is a much darker color so unless you have dark skin, you're going to want to be a little careful. 
Now, this may be an unpopular contradicting opinion since I strongly believe there's no rule when it comes to makeup. If you want to wear whatever color on your lids/lips and it's a bit unconventional, the doubt shouldn't even cross your mind and you should just wear it! However, and here's where the contradiction happens, I do feel this color stands out a lot, and unlike Trinket, it's not an everyday look kind of lipstick? Personally, you guys know I don't ever care about doing bright lips and eyes on the daily but I do find myself hesitating to wear this lipstick especially when I have to go to college if I don't have a full face of makeup. But like I said, take this with a grain of salt, It's just my opinion. 
 The eyeshadow is so gorgeous! It's smooth as butter and extremely pigmented. It product feels so thick too! Ah, and it doesn't have that Pumpkin scent. Which was kind of a bummer but who cares? It's a bit tricky to blend because of this, so my suggestion is to do your base, crease and transition colors first and after they're well blended out you can apply this. The only little thing I didn't like is that it fades away throughout the day/night. I feel that after 8 hours is not as pigmented as when first applied but then again, I usually set my eyes with concealer and I've read that's not the best way... I'm considering getting the Enigma primer from UD, what do you guys think? Anyways! I do feel this is a must in anyone's collection since it's a unique color that's actually wearable at any time of the day. I'm always biased to them warm tones, anyways!

✧ One last detail is that both the lip and eye colors aren't exactly the same. However, I don't think that's an issue? I've read a few negative comments about this, they are different shades but once worn they look alike especially in photos. 
✧ ✧ ✧
This is the look I created using both these products! I really love how cohesive they both are without looking too boring. Though I don't think you can ever look boring using metallics, right?
I hope you all enjoyed this look, If you want me to re-create this in a tutorial, let me know in the comments below. I might just consider it. 

I hope you enjoyed this review and found it helpful to you.  I finally fixed my comment section and I can now reply, again, to all your comments! Love and suggestions are always welcomed. 


Have a great week up ahead and see you'all real soon!
 ~ Natidí

2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never tried any products of sugar pill even tho I'm planning on buying one of their products now UD eyeshadow primer (in general) are pretty good and most of the time and your eyeshadow doesn't loose of their pigment after hours of wearing it.

    ReplyDelete

★ Instagrams ★

© ドリップドリップ !♡. Design by FCD.